WHAT IS GRIFFIN CONNECTIONS?
Blended learning program offered by the Los Alamitos Unified School District that offers graduation requirements courses (World History, US History, Government, Economics) for free to Los Alamitos High School students during the summer.
- Classes are offered through APEX Learning in an 75% independent online learning environment and 25% live remote classroom learning environment and meet A-G course requirements. (Advanced Placement courses are not offered.)
- Classes are designed for students who are self-motivated, independent learners who are capable of wisely managing their time to meet ongoing deadlines in a fast-paced learning environment.
- Courses include weekly check-in points and the expectation of completing curriculum is scaffolded into demands that must be completed as assigned.
- The curricular demands of the courses will NOT allow students to rapidly complete a semester or leave the bulk of their work until the end of the course.
- Daily student commitment is 3-4 hours per day.
- Students who register for a Griffins Connections course MUST attend an online APEX Course Readiness Module.
Tuesday, April 20 @ 6:50AM Friday, April 23 @ 3:45PM
Monday, April 26 @ 6:50AM Wednesday, April 28 @ 5:30PM
Thursday, April 29 @ 4:30PM Saturday, May 1 @ 9:00AM
Students should complete the Griffin Connections Course Self-Survey to help in determining if they are a good fit for a Griffins Connections Course.
Students commit to completing a full-year course in two, four-week semesters. Each semester has five or six MANDATORY live remote classroom learning days which are two hours in length.
- Semester I: (May 26 – June 30, 2021) Mandatory classroom days are May 26 and June 2 from 6:00PM-8:00PM and June 15, 22, 29, 30 from 9:00AM-11:00AM OR 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Semester II: (July 6 – July 30, 2021) Mandatory classroom days are July 6, 13, 20, 27, 30 from 9:00AM-11:00AM OR 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Students will NOT receive credit for a semester if they miss more than one classroom day.
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Watch the Griffin Connections Information Workshop for Spring 2021
- Complete the Griffin Connections 2021 Intent Form
- Submit completed forms to LAHS_Academics@losal.org
- Before completing the form, be sure to save a copy to your computer. Save your work as you complete the form.
- All fields on the Griffin Connections Intent Form can be completed electronically. Please type your responses or use provided drop-down menus.
- Before closing the form, make sure you have saved your work and any changes.
- Email the form to Mr. Farvour at LAHS_Academics@losal.org and attach your completed form as an attachment.
- Completed forms are due to LAHS_Academics@losal.org no later than end of business (3:30pm) on Friday, February 26, 2021.