Monday - Thursday
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
(562) 799-4780 x 82230
(562) 799-4780 x 82231
The Media Center, room 210, is located on the bottom floor of the STEM building. The center includes, study space, soft seating, print stations, library books, textbooks, and Chromebooks. Materials in the Media Center are available for student checkout with their current student ID. Library books are loaned for six weeks. A replacement student ID card may be purchased for $10 in the Activities office. Lost textbooks/library books and Chromebooks will be charged at the replacement cost.
One-to-One Chromebook Program
A “1:1 Chromebook program” means every student has their own school-provided Chromebook that is assigned to them for the duration of their LAHS career. Students have full use of the provided Chromebook 24/7, and as school property the device includes District internet filters that filter browsing content both at school and at home.
- Students are responsible for bringing their school-issued Chromebook or personal laptop/Chromebook fully charged to school, every day.
- The protective Chromebook padded sleeve should be used when storing or transporting the school issued device.
What students should do when they forget their device, lose it, or forget to charge it?
- Students should go to the school media center before school to pick up a loaner device, so that they can continue to access school material with minimal disruption to their learning.
- Students with lost or damaged devices should report this to the school librarian for repairs, replacement, and possible billing.
- Optional school-provided insurance is available for purchase by each family, covering repairs for accidental damage up to the replacement cost of a Chromebook annually.
For more information go to https://lahs.losal.org/our-school/chromebook-11-program
Printing is free for school related work.
Griffin Lab (Free tutoring from LAHS teachers and student volunteers) takes place in the Media Center Monday through Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 PM and Tuesday through Friday mornings from 7:25-8:25 AM. Subjects covered are ASL, English, French, History, Math, Science and Spanish.
Public Library Information
All students should have public library cards as they provide wonderful online sources that students can utilize from their electronic devices.
Free Local Public Libraries:
Orange County Public Libraries - www.ocpl.org
Long Beach Public Library - http://www.lbpl.org/
Anaheim Public Library - http://www.anaheim.net/902/Library
Huntington Beach City Libraries – HBPL Huntington Beach Public Library - Home (huntingtonbeachca.gov)
Los Angeles County - https://lacountylibrary.org/
These public libraries offer free access to digital, audio and physical books, DVD’s and technology. They also offer digital library cards that do not require you to go to the library. Library card applications can be found online. Note: Cerritos & Buena Park Libraries are for residents only.
Other Free Resources:
California State Library - https://www.library.ca.gov/ - Free reference tools
Project Gutenberg https://www.gutenberg.org/ - 60K Free digital books