2021 Senior Portrait Information
LAHS Senior Class of 2021
Newsletter Information and Updates for
Griffin Graduation Information
Seniors, Congratulations! The year 2021 has arrived, and graduation is near! We do NOT have all the details of graduation; however, we have created this senior newsletter with information to share as details emerge. This newsletter will be sent to seniors weekly or bi-weekly as information becomes available.
GRADUATION is THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2021.
- News will later unfold on the time, venue, and structure of the week, however, save the day of Thursday, June 10th for graduation. Friday is a non-student day for graduates. Yes, Friday is the last school day for grades 9, 10, and 11th grade.
- Open the link below and complete the name request you choose to be written on your LAHS diploma.
- It is best to be signed in to the student golosal.net account to open the link. The form may be completed ONE time.
- Diploma Name Link
- Questions? email Mrs. Ford-Patterson - email@example.com
- LAHS PTSA offers scholarships to seniors who are members.
- Seniors applying for a PTSA Scholarship must be a member by 1/29/21. See the membership order in the resources, and pay in Activities.
- Applications are due March 5th @ 3:00 PM PTSA Scholarship.
- PTSA membership
Eagle Scout or Gold Award Recipients
Completing the Eagle Scout or Gold Award is a milestone accomplishment. LAHS recognizes our seniors who have earned this honor.
If you have completed or will complete either award, please click the link below so that we can ensure you are included in this recognition.
Students need to be in their @golosal.org portal to access the link. Eagle and Gold Award Link
Contact Mrs. Davenport - firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
CAP AND GOWN
- Herff-Jones is our graduation partner. Announcements and cap/gown orders are online. The DUE DATE is April 1st.
- Cap and Gown are available to order for graduates. Even if the purchase is not definite, PLEASE reserve a size through the Herff-Jones website on the flyer attached. We want sizes to be available for every graduate.
- Gowns are red or blue. Students may choose their preferred gown color. Past practice is for Griffin females to wear red, and Griffin males to wear blue. Again, students may choose their preferred color.
- Gowns are delivered at the end of May to LAHS in time for graduation.
- The LAHS Herff-Jones representative is Tami Larson - email@example.com
- Herff-Jones flyer
CAP AND GOWN PORTRAITS
- Our portrait partner, Pictures with Class, is hosting two Saturday sessions for individual Cap and Gown Portraits. PWC has worked to increase their covid precautions and offers caps and gowns available with sanitization between student sessions. The cap and gown is a 1/4 fraction of the original gown, worn over regular clothing. Students may bring their own cap and gown, as well, if wearing a past sibling or friends merchandise. A 2021 tassel will be provided for the portrait.
- For students who have ALREADY taken a senior portrait, there is no sitting fee for a cap/gown portrait.
- Cap and Gown portrait dates are February 6th and 20th.
- To make an appointment
- Choose Los Alamitos High School Seniors
- Click to February calendar
- Make an appointment
Senior Class t-Shirts
- Students and families who PRE-ORDERED the Senior Class of 2021 t-Shirt, may pick up the t-shirt in the Activities Office beginning Monday 1/25 during cohort transition and after school. Mrs. Tweet, our cashier, has a list of students who pre-ordered, pre-paid, and students who need to pay. We have shirts ONLY for those who pre-ordered.
- We WILL open a second order in March.
- Forget if you ordered? email Mrs. Tweet at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2021 Yearbooks are PRE-SALE in the Activities Office. Yearbooks will be offered on a Pre-Sale basis only.
- The book cost is 100 dollars. Cash, check made to LAHS, or credit card (at the window) are acceptable payments.
Senior Ads in the Yearbook
- Yearbook Senior Ad pages can be purchased until March 1, 2021. See the attached resource.
Follow us on Instagram @losalconnected2021
Resources to reach out to...
Activities Administrator - Kiva Spiratos - email@example.com, 562-799-4780 x 82223
Activities Office- Nikki Tweet - firstname.lastname@example.org x82237
LAHS Counseling - Lillian Ford-Patterson - email@example.com x 82208
College and Career Center- Marianne Schaeffer - firstname.lastname@example.org x 28840
Transcripts - Kendelyn Michaels, email@example.com x82216
Pictures with Class - email Jackie Recinos PWC - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-431-1467
Herff-Jones - Tami Larson email@example.com